RLM Public Relations, a powerhouse New York City PR firm that specializes in emerging technology sectors, is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated intern for its Diversity & Inclusion Program, a fully remote internship program for underrepresented students with a demonstrated interested in the media, communications, and public relations industries.
Interns will be provided with on-the-job media training, networking, mentorship, professional development, and the opportunity to work alongside a team of seasoned publicists with over five decades of combined experience in media relations. This program is specifically geared for talented and motivated college students whose racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds are traditionally underrepresented in media and communications.
This is a part-time, 12-week program, designed to develop future communications leaders through exposure to media outreach, contact list building, content creation and distribution, digital/social media marketing, trend watching, client relations, and more.
Interns will receive a stipend as well as a reference following the completion of their program. The intern who fills this position will learn directly from a team of experts on how to create opportunities that catch the media’s attention and drive results. Students will learn the ropes of a non-stop, relentless approach to PR that breaks that mold – one that you won’t find at any other agency.
This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, creativity, and a willingness to take risks, as well as a sincere passion for the news cycle and the stories that shape our world today.
- Monitor all forms of media: scan the news regularly and drive ideas for client strategy
- Create interview preparation materials
- Create and curate engaging content alongside the company’s content creation and digital team
- Communicate and build relationships with clients
- Assist with building company’s social media presence
- Create and distribute pitches and press releases
- Assist in administrative duties
- Build and update media lists and databases
- Demonstrated desire to learn along with exceptional drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for the PR industry and its best practices
- Current enrollment in a related Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program
- Intensive public relations experience working directly with clients
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with a team of skilled public relations and marketing professionals
- Opportunity to participate in client strategy discussions and internal company meetings
RLM PR welcomes diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities, and all else, and we strive to create an equitable and inclusive environment for all.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org